Friday 11 March 2011

Everyone loves a Freebie !


I always love a freebie and have lately been collecting the vouchers in the newspaper for the free Alton Towers tickets. Friends have collected them in previous years and have enjoyed a great day of free family fun whereas I did'nt know about the scheme and missed out . In fact when my daughter wanted to go last year for her birthday , and take a friend, we  went along and paid around £100 for the day out. It was a good day out and the two girls really enjoyed themselves but it was still a lot of money to spend.

This year I was determined not to miss out and have bought the paper religiously each day. So far I have not missed a voucher so should be able to apply for our tickets next week. The only downside is that they chose when you go , as you can't nominate a particular date only a 'time band'. Nevertheless it is still a great offer and if it comes through for a date we can't make , we could always give them away to a dear friend !

However along with the park vouchers to collect , there has also been some other freebies. On Saturday they was a coupon for a free six pack of crisps, normal RRP £1.56. We chose a new flavour, which ultimately we did'nt like so we were glad we had'nt paid for them. Today there is a coupon for a free tin of corned beef. Not everyones cup of tea but makes a nice corned beef hash! Tonight I am on Mom's taxi duty as my daughter goes to a kids club so I am hoping to pick it up , time permitting. My husband says it's just to get me into store to spend more money. It probably is ! I will have to go in with blinkers on, get the corned beef and leave promptly. The challenge is on !!!

2 comments:

  1. So had did the challenge go? Did you end up buying anything else that was NOT on your shopping list? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I did'nt !! But I did have to buy a newspaper.

    ReplyDelete