Saturday 26 March 2011

Baby Shower

My brother and his wife are expecting their first baby in the summer and I have just received an invitation from them to go to their 'Baby Shower' in May. Baby Showers are a new thing here in the UK but have been going on for some time in USA. I knew they were thinking of holding one so I have been stockpiling items in advance. When I have been to the shops I have bought things on special offer. Johnson's baby products have been on offer recently at £1 each, usually £2 plus, for the large sized bottles. I picked up bubble bath, shampoo, baby oil and talcum powder. Nappies were on offer another day and I bought a pack at £3.24, half price from £6.50. Another time they had other things reduced, I picked up a set of Disney dummies 25p from £1.99, Disney feeding plate and weening spoons at 50p each from £2 each. I also got a cardboard box from work , destined for the recycle bin, and took it home. I have some nice silver paper to cover it and all the items fit inside the box nicely. My brother and his wife have a lot of friends so I know they will probably get a lot of clothes, toys etc so I thought I would give a little hamper of goodies instead. They are expecting a baby boy which makes buying clothes easier. I have also bought some clothes to give as gifts later on. Sainsburys had a 25% off clothing sale so I got a few bargains there. I got a reversible baby jacket £4 reduced from £8, but then they took off 25%= £3. Hat & mitten set £2.25 reduced from £4.50, again 25% off = £1.68. They had big sizes available so I can keep them for Christmas presents.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you'll have a lovely hamper. Please take a picture of the finished hamper for your blog,I'd like to see how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen. I will take a picture when its all finished and put it on.

    ReplyDelete