Tuesday 10 April 2012

Feeling yuk and free films

Hi everyone and welcome to new follower Michelle1973Cooper, thanks for joining.

The weather over the weekend has been dreadful but today it has been quite sunny and pleasant, however I am home feeling ill with a bad cold and headache. I slept til nearly 11am today and then went back to sleep just after 2pm till after 6pm. I feel thoroughly rotten. Luckily my daughter is at her friends today & tomorrow so I can be ill alone and not hamper her fun. I hope that if I can recuperate today I can be back to normal tomorrow, I hope !

A kind friend gave us a two month free trial of Lovefilm recently and my husband set it up yesterday. You can get DVDs sent through the post or streamed to the Xbox. There is not as much choice on the Xbox but we did watch a few things yesterday and we have ordered other films to come through the post. We have made a 'watch' list so we can take full advantage of the free viewings but typically we have gone blank on what we wanted to watch ! I have managed to remember a few films, any suggestions of good films to watch ? I like more of the comedy genre, Will Ferrell and Steve Carrell but my husband likes horror movies which are frankly not to my liking. Any ideas ????

6 comments:

  1. I go blank when I have to choose a movie or a book too! Feel better soon.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get well soon - sleep's one of the best medicines you can have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seen Dan in Real Life with Steve Carrell? It's wonderful! Rent that if you haven't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, we are big Steve Carrell fans in our house and have seen that movie, love it ! Do you watch the American Office ? Another favourite of ours

      Delete
  4. Just watched Crazy Stupid Love with Steve Carell. Wont spoilt it for you but it was better than I thought and features what I think has to be (and I watch a LOT of films) one of the if not THE best party scene near the end...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Athyn. I have watched that film recently ( it was a 30p bargain buy ) and we thought it was excellent. How it is all tied up at the end was very good. We thoroughly enjoyed it and the fact we only paid 30p for it was all the better. Thanks for leaving a comment and come back soon. Kind Regards x

      Delete