Monday 28 January 2013

Waitrose Whoopsies

Good evening bloggers and hope you are well. 'Whoopsies' used to be a dirty word, in years gone by I knew many people who would not consider buying or eating a reduced item. Friends, family and work colleagues who look in horror at anything displaying a yellow sticker but times have changed and so have attitudes. I have always bought reduced goods and shall continue to do so but also nowadays there does seem to be less bargains to be had. Yesterday I had to go by a Little Waitrose, depending on the time of day I pop in to see what bargains are lurking around and I managed to snap up some goodies that went straight in my freezer. This is what I got;

Tuna Steaks ..... ...............2 packs reduced from £7.31 each ( !!!!) to £1.29 each .....Saving £12.04
Scampi .............................1 pack reduced from £4.49 to 99p.....................................Saving £3.50
Aberdeen Angus burgers.. 3 packs reduced from £2.99 each to 79p each..................Saving £6.60
Chicken crispbakes...........1 pack reduced from £1.49 to 49p.....................................Saving £1.00
Wholemeal loaf ................reduced from £1.35 to 29p................................................Saving £1.09
White loaf..........................reduced from £1.09 to 29p................................................Saving 80p

I wouldn't usually buy Tuna Steaks at £7 each but I thought they would be a nice change. So the freezer has a bit more stock for not much money.  Have you got any bargains lately ?
 

7 comments:

  1. What a bargain. I do love whoopsies it's a great way of saving money while eating foods that is normally out of my budget as well as finding old favourites at a fraction of the price. As long as it looks fresh i will never frown upon whoopsies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done!

    So how on earth do they justify the full price? It baffles me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bargains!We've shopped for yellow stickers for a long time- I can remember my Dad bringing me reduced bread when K was very small, and she's 25 this year!You're right though - more and more people have woken up to the fact that food gets vastly reduced in price at the end of the day. I used to live within walking distance of a small local supermarket and could pick up Aberdeen Angus burgers for K and A for 25p for 4 so I used to go for a walk every evening, buy them cheap food and then freeze it until they visited. That stopped a couple of years before we moved as more people had become aware of it. I no longer buy yellow stickers as on the rare occasions I'm in a shop and see them they are usually meat, fish and dairy, none of which we eat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At our local Waitrose you are lucky if they knock off 50p. Even on £10 items-well done that girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently got a great bargain on some muffins (can't remember exactly what I paid though). The short sell by date didn't matter as they weren't going to last for long in my house anyway! Strangely I felt better about buying these muffins than newer muffins, as I felt that I was helping to prevent food waste!

    ReplyDelete